Interview with One of The Best Makeup Artist on Utube!!!!

If you don't know, now u know. Introducing Marcella better known as Fauryn78 on youtube. Marcella was kind enough to allow me to interview her.. Listen up Bella's. Without further ado here is my interview with Marcella.
What are you favorite products for WOC (vanilla, caramel, chocolate, and beyond)? I LOVE Make up (all make up) but my heart is with MAC. I am a MAC girl through and through.... My favorite things for WOC: I am a big fan of using blush for eyeshadow. My foundation color for MAC is NC50 and I LOVE Trace Gold blush as a brow highlight for my browner skinned sisters... I also love using mineralize skinfinsh natural on the lid for a neutral eye. Blunt blush is a great face contour for us as well as a great crease color! I I know this is an old combo, but I love mixing Razin and Format blush - you can't go wrong with this combo. I love Fluidline, in Blacktrack I wear it everyday. If you think black is too harsh wear brown. Items that are a must try (MAC or otherwise)?
The new Dazzleglass is very pretty over lipstick. The new loose Mineralize Skinfinish powder is GREAT - however there is not that big of a range of colors so I have to play around with it to match my skin - but the finish is BEAUTIFUL. Also if you wear shorts dresses or skirts- the Skinsheen leg spray is a MUST HAVE. I get it every year when it comes out. I wear Deep Dark and it makes my legs look FLAWLESS. Nars Body Glow is also nice - I love the smell but it doesn't do too much for my skin- it gives my legs a SLIGHT glow but not like the Skinsheen.
What is your take on the perfect spring/summer look?
Most people want that bronze/glowy/sunkissed look for the summer.... I like to keep it kind of minimal... great colors for spring/summer are: woodwinked, soba, mulch, bronze, and trace gold. Don't forget brown girls can wear bronzer! Refined Deeper Bronze is great also Format blush gives a pretty glow with some color... For the lips Think Tan, and Cocoamore Slimshime lipstick are pretty for the summer. Also Bare Necessity Dazzleglass and a few old favorites; Instant Gold, and Love Nectar Lusterglass.
Can you provide some hot eyeshadow/lipstick combinations?
I am kind of Conservative when it comes to my everyday makeup, but I am not afraid of color. Color on the lid is really in for the summer- I think WOC need to step outside the box when it comes to wearing eyeshadow. Aquadisiacon the lid with Swiss Chocolate and a little bit of Carbon in the crease makes a bold eye. Another pretty look I did on a customer is Woodwinked on the lid with Post Haste, Twinks and Carbon in the crease and Retrospeck as a highlight.
For lips everyone who knows me knows I am all about the light/nude lip.... but if you want some color, Girl About Town with Currant lip liner and Mz.Fizz Dazzleglass is a hot lip. For those of you who like a more subdued lip color try Velvet Teddy with Cork or Chestnut lip liner and either Instant Gold, Springbean or Bare Necessity gloss.
Finally, is there anything you would like to add?
My biggest pet peeve is when WOC say they're too dark to wear color. I wear neutrals most of the time, but I know I can wear any color and look good in it!There is no such thing as being too dark to wear color!!!! I want WOC to know they can wear anything - I am striving to be the example. I want them to know It's all about the way you apply it.

I'm reading: Interview with One of The Best Makeup Artist on Utube!!!!Tweet this!
 

8 comments:

SuzieC said...

Great interview! Fauryn is one of my fave Youtubers!!

August 11, 2008 at 10:51 PM
B said...

I looove her videos. And her hair is amazing. That Woodwinked AND Twinks combo is something that I've done with Carbon too. Loves it!

August 12, 2008 at 8:21 AM
MakeupByRenRen said...

great interview! she's amazinggg...i totally agree, WOC can wear any color...that's what i say!

August 12, 2008 at 10:00 AM
Amina said...

great interview! thank you :)
i've never thought of wearing woodwinked and post haste together or wearing blush as eyeshadow..

August 12, 2008 at 11:14 AM
yummy411 said...

love fauryn!! thanks for the interviewing and getting some good info from her ;)

August 13, 2008 at 1:08 PM
Seymone said...

Ur lovely ladies are welcome.. I am glad to do it. I admire her work

August 13, 2008 at 8:18 PM
Jamila said...

Wonderful interview! She is one of my fave youtubers.

I am adding you to my blogroll. i hope you don't mind.

August 14, 2008 at 3:44 PM
Kiki said...

Fauryn is lovely and I love her videos. Thank you for a great post.

August 20, 2008 at 10:30 AM
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin