Off Topic Post - Hair

I need some advice ladies.. Okay, so my hair is about 5-6 inches past my shoulders. It is a nice length. However my hair is naturally fine. Whenever I get a doobie my hair is just straight; curls drop and everything. I am wondering should I just cut my hair off and go back natural again. This last sentence pisses me off about myself because I just permed my hair about eight months ago. This perm stuff is for the birds. First, I was worried about how I would be perceived by employers. Now I am at a point in my life, where I don't care, I want to be free. I am tired of being a creamy crack addict (relaxer). Anyone want to offer some advice. P.S. Another thing, I think the images that I see on a daily is not natural at all. Meaning videos, do u ever see a girl with natural hair and I am not talking about Outkast and neo soul videos. I don't know I guess I am just frustrated. I just came from the salon.. LOL Here is my fotki that somewhat documented my natural hair progress.. http://public.fotki.com/embracinmyself/ I am sorry for the rant.

I'm reading: Off Topic Post - HairTweet this!
 

4 comments:

B said...

Go natural.
It will save your life and your sanity.

The end.
Muah!

February 15, 2008 at 9:58 PM
Shawnta said...

Hey gurl!
Hope tomorrow is better for ya!
You know I was thinking I did them a lil too thick today (brows)
On the natural front....as a momma with two girls I know I would be looking a hot mess if I didn't have locks because there is just not enough hours in the day(hair times 3 not happening)
I'm kind of past the militant give up that creamy crack stage. Chemicals are bad for you but damn there are chemicals sitting on an apple waiting to jump on and in ya, unless you can afford to go totally organic, but then you couldn't afford MAC! :D
I guess I'm saying all this nonsense to say that if you not feeling the relaxer than go natural. If you go natural and months down the line you want a bomb as pin curl style then do that.
Life's too short not to be doing YOU, whomever YOU might be at the moment.

February 16, 2008 at 12:14 AM
yummy411 said...

lol... i'm with d.b. to a certain extent. if you've been natural before and you find it much better than a relaxer, then by all means! do it! for me, i haven't learned how to do my own hair yet. so being natural (locked) has almost.. i said almost, been as frustrating as having a perm =/

February 16, 2008 at 1:45 AM
Anonymous said...

Do what works for you. I work in the finance sector and have work pretty much on Capitol Hill for the past 9 years. I paint my nails orange and wear my hair all over my nappy natural hair. I dare anyone to say anything. And yup, I have a pretty decent job too. :)

I have fine hair also and even without the relaxer, when it's straight, it just falls, curls are not my flat ironed friend.

But whatever you want to do, do it. AND cut the doobie (of they blowdry) for a minute and rollerset, your hair will thank you. Keep the curls tight and finger comb, that's what I used to do. I could keep curls in for three whole days that way.

February 19, 2008 at 3:04 PM
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin