UPDATE: OKAY LUCY U HAVE SOME XPLANIN TO DO!!!

Hey Bella's.. Here is the transcript from live chat. Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. One of our Artists will be with you shortly. Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Rebekah. How may I assist you? Seymone: Hi Rebekah. I have a question about pigments. I have noticed recently that the size of the pigments went from 7.5grams to 4.3grams. Is there an explanation for this because I notice as well that the price was not adjusted due to the lack of product? Rebekah: Hi Seymone! Which pigments are you referring to? Seymone: The pigments in the Overrich collection are 4.3grams Rebekah: If you look on our website and click on the Overrich Pigments, the weight is still 7.5g. Rebekah: Click here for the What's New page. Seymone: The website may say that however I have bottles from the MAC store that says 4.3 grams Rebekah: I am unsure as to why the container says 4.3 grams. I will be happy to refer you to our Corporate Consumer Communications Department. Seymone: That is fine Rebekah: We kindly request that you contact our experts in our Global Consumer Communications Department who are well-versed in this area and can happily assist. You may contact them via phone at 1-800-387-6707, (choose option #7) between the hours of 9am-5pm (EST) Monday-Thursday and 10am-5pm (EST) Fridays or via email at consumercare-us@gcc.maccosmetics.com. Rebekah: Is there anything else I may assist you with today? Consumer Communication Department Response Well I spoke with someone at the CCD and she had no idea why the pigments I received were 4.3grams. She did say that it could be due to the store giving me the sample bottles of the pigments. Here is the kicker she said that I could send them back in for a refund but they could not replace it because it is limited edition. I just don't get it with MAC. I am starting to really get a bad taste in my mouth with them. If you cannot manage the products then stop with all these collections.. Update to the Update: The Overrich pigments are supposed to be 4.3grams because it is a new technology of pigment. The new pigments are more finely milled, so the volume is still the same but the grams differ because the weight is different due to the pigments being so lightweight. They will be updating the website shortly.

I'm reading: UPDATE: OKAY LUCY U HAVE SOME XPLANIN TO DO!!!Tweet this!
 

4 comments:

yummy411 said...

whew thank goodness!!! thanks for your diligent research. so your container isn't small is it?

August 22, 2008 at 12:13 PM
mandilicious said...

i tried asking an associate too thru live chat..but all she did was refer me to that CCD..then i called my local MAC store, and of course the person i talked didn't even know what i was talking about..i think i'm just returning the pigments i got..boo MAC!

August 23, 2008 at 3:20 PM
Amina said...

thank you for this research:)

August 24, 2008 at 9:13 PM
SuzieC said...

Good looking out!

August 26, 2008 at 1:34 AM
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin