Review Time!!! MAC Matte Gel

*Sorry I couldnt get a clearer picture*

Here's what MAC has to say: A matte-ifying cream that acts like a powder, M·A·C Matte adds a sheer, no-shine matte texture in one smooth layer. May be used on bare or made-up skin.

Price:$17.50 USD

Here what I say: This product is awesome. Sometimes I feel it works too well because the oil absorbing properties are on point, it can leave your face looking tight. I have combination skin, so I would only put this on my T zone. Okay, so this product has a silky texture to it (the silicone in it) and it glides on easily. It minimizes pores which leaves your skin looking flawless after makeup application. Lastly, the oil absording properties last and last. I didn't get shiny for at least four to five hours. This is definitely going to be a summer time staple. Seymone Approves

I'm reading: Review Time!!! MAC Matte GelTweet this!
 

7 comments:

B said...

Minimizes pores? Lord knows I need some of that. So really this just acts as a primer?

October 22, 2008 at 8:27 AM
Seymone said...

@B: Yes it minimizes pores. I have some pesky ones in my nose and cheek region. I personally wouldnt use as an allover primer because some sections of my face is dry and the matte gel sucks moisture out..

October 22, 2008 at 9:40 AM
yummy411 said...

soooo now here's the review! =) and you like this better than the cosmedicine? i think this comes second to cosmedicine. i do like that it fills in little pores, but during the summer, it's all about the blot powder. this gel helps with some dew also.

October 22, 2008 at 12:11 PM
MakeupByRenRen said...

so sorry to repeat...but you would use this instead of primer for really oily skin?

October 22, 2008 at 12:20 PM
Seymone said...

@yummy411: The cosmedicine left me with oilies after an hour. Then it didnt give me the smooth finish to my skin..

@makeupbyrenren: Yes this could be used as an all over primer. However it depends on how oily the individual. I have a client who is oily but this worked well for her w/o primer. This reminds me of Make Up Forever All Mat and this was my go to as an all over primer for really oily clients. However another one that works great on oily skin is the Make Up Forever HD primer.. It is a dream.

October 22, 2008 at 3:15 PM
MakeupBliss said...

I loooove this product! This is a MUST before I apply on my foundation. There have been times where I forgot to put the mattifying cream on before I put on my foundation, and I use it right over the top and it still does the trick.

October 22, 2008 at 3:57 PM
Lovely Lady Luxe said...

I once put a dab of matte-ifying lotion on my finger. It was kinda scary how it just sucked up all the oil from my skin. It was so dry that my finger tip felt like porcelain. I would be too afraid to rub that all over my face. Maybe just the t-zone might be ok.

October 24, 2008 at 5:17 PM
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin